Sunday, July 15, 2012

So I have a little less than 50 days to go until im on a flight to Tanzania....which I'll have you know apparently I have been mispronouncing it....I say Tan ZUH nia and apparentely it is Tan ZANE ia..haha glad someone told me that before I got there, I would have felt like quite the fool! Guess what we are doing at work this week? Having a safari for the kiddos! I am so excited! I even made little cardboard box safari jeeps for the children to drive around in! Its gonna be brilliant!

LION KING SWAHILI:
SIMBA- LION
NALA- GIFT
RAFIKI- FRIEND
PUMBA- DULL WITTED, ABSENT MINDED
*KOVU- SCAR
SIRABI- MIRAGE
*ZIRA- HATE
SHENZI- BARBAROUS, SAVAGE
HAKUNA MATATA- NO WORRIES

A couple of these are from* Lion King: Simba's Pride*, but still its pretty cool that disney can teach you a different language without you even realizing it!

Yesterday I went to Kehly's "birthday" party.... her birthday is actually in December but everyone with Winter birthdays know how crappy they can be so she decided to have a Summer birthday this year on July 14th! It was so much fun, we played some classic games like Thimble full of water and the name game, we went outside and roasted smores, where the fire department showed up because some of there lame neighbors snitched on us, and then the night ended with a fabulous dance party in her kitchen. Pretty sweet stuff!

Earlier this week I went to the Hogle Zoo, I absolutely love the Zoo, I love animals and they redid a few enclosures which made it even better, they have a polar bear and seals now! The polar bear was so freaking cute, it would swim up to the glass pop up, and then fall onto its back and swim away, then would repeat it over and over again! What made the Zoo even better was that McKaila came down to join us, she seriously makes everything a gazillion times more fun. She is so adorable and she is really quite an amazing kid, she listens and she is very entertaining with her dance moves and all her questions she asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment