Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TORTIE TORTIE TORTIE!

This is what Sheldon will someday look like! Right now he is the size of the tiny one on the back of the medium sized one! hahaha I am so excited that he is going to be ginormous one day!


SO I guess I should tell you who Sheldon is...well he is MY VERY OWN pet TORTOISE! Let me tell you he is my favorite thing ever! I love him soooo much! He is just precious! He has the cutest lil legs you will ever see! I have a story to go with him... so my mom is not really a big fan of pets, period! She just is anti-pet for some reason, don't ask me why, i just think she is freaking crazy sometimes but oh well... anywho, my friends and I just stopped at a pet store randomly and I saw SHELDON! I have been wanting a tortoise for about 7 years now...ever since I had a vet tech class and my teacher had one that stayed in her garage! I always thought that was the coolest thing ever! So on a crazy whim i decided to get him, just one problem though...my mom would never allow me to have him, i mean she wouldn't even let me get a gold fish, so what did I do? I snuck him in! ;) Everything was going awesome I had him an entire month before my mom decided to put something away in my room and she found him! And that is when the crap hit the fan! She told me to move out! Over a teeny tiny tortoise that she didn't even know i had for an entire month! CRAZINESS i tell you! Anyway I had my pops and my sisters on my side so eventually things calmed down and I get to stay and so does SHELDON! YAY!





I named him Sheldon, not only because he has a shell but also because my favorite show is Big Bang Theory and Sheldon looks like Sheldon! I am absolutely in love with him! Which is a good thing because he will be around for a VERY long time! Im gonna have to put him in my will to my Children or grandchildren...if i ever have any...haha but he cost 100 smackaroos but i think that is a pretty sweet deal because it averages out to be 1 dollar a year of his life...not to shabby! I think he is the cutest thing ever and i am so excited that in a few years when he is bigger i will be able to put him on a leash and take him on walks around the hood! It is going to be fabulous, but right now i will just carry him around in my hoodie pocket!
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=sulcata+tortoise&hl=en&sa=X&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ACAW_enUS352US352&biw=1069&bih=465&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=whRvta11SpJLRM:&imgrefurl=http://premiumtortoises.com/sulcata.aspx&docid=cbASL0gJFO0-eM&imgurl=http://premiumtortoises.com/images/tortoises%252520072.jpg&w=640&h=480&ei=RfbWTqikJaqPigKJnNH4CQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=156&sig=113865999057919451830&page=1&tbnh=108&tbnw=143&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0&tx=52&ty=57





No comments:

Post a Comment